Saturday, March 5, 2011

Photog Friday (delayed): Making eyes color pop!

People often ask me if I Photoshop Addisyn's bright blue eyes and my answer is almost always, no. She has been blessed with Steve's baby blues and I love them!  But I also like to share those beauties with you too and the only way I can do that is taking a picture of her in the "perfect" light. In this case it is natural light coming from the window. Finding the right light is the first step to getting all beautiful eyes to "pop" even more.  Yes, of course you can always Photoshop light into the eyes after the fact, but it just isn't the same as getting it straight out of the camera. This picture is a straight out of the camera photo and the blue in her eyes is definitely present.  Now, I do tend to edit most pics in Photoshop, but if I find the best light for the eyes, I don't have to spend extra time editing them. All the colors in the this photo are a little softer than I would prefer  so I blended the soft light to make the colors a little more vivid. It took about ten seconds to edit this photo because there was enough light hitting her eyes already.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments...I love them :-)

Popular Posts