Monday, March 21, 2011

Compelled

One thousand three hundred and twenty.

That is the total number of calories of the whole box of Lucky Charms I am currently devouring and the amount of calories I could inexplicably consume in the next hour if I don’t stop staring at the computer screen and catch my thoughts that are currently playing ping pong in my brain. Although, I am picking out a lot of the marshmallow charms so if I get to a point when all the marshmallows are gone and it is just the main cereal left over, I will probably stop… therefore only consuming approximately eight hundred calories for my pre workout snack. Awesome! Oddly enough, just by writing my current state of affairs, I feel compelled to put the cereal box away.

And speaking of compelling situations (how’s that for a transition sentence?), I had a huge one this past week. I was able to take Addisyn to the park twice! The weather was pleasantly mild and it felt amazing to see the excitement of a different kind of playtime in her eyes and on her face. As I was pushing her on the swing, the words “Quality Time” were blinking in a metaphoric neon sign right over her cute contagious smile. There I was stuck in a moment where the urge to grab her out of her swing and freeze time took a hold of me! My life has been busy. In fact, I have been so busy that Steve and I sat down the other day to go over how to say the word “no” to the next person who wants to put something on my plate (and his too for that matter). It was almost a moot point. This was mainly because Steve and I are “yes” people and it is hard to think of giving up one of the positive things currently filling our plate. But, as I was pushing my daughter on the swing, watching her laugh, watching her face light up when her dad came to join us after work; I had a moment of clarity. I need to stop! So Steve and I have agreed on these two things: 1) We will be getting rid of the cable television for a little bit. It is normally always on for background noise, but after a long day it is easy to get sucked into the TV when what our hearts really want is some quality time. 2) Steve and I have decided to switch off weeks for the second blog post throughout the week. He will continue to do our love story every other week and I will continue to do Photog Friday on the opposite weeks. Of course my Monday blog posts will always be around.

Life is too short not to embrace these small moments of joy…If there is any lesson we should be learning from the tragedy of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan it is this: Life is short, love deeper and love stronger.





 
With Love,
 
 
Stacy Hart
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments...I love them :-)

Popular Posts