Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Fever

I can taste it. Even though it is only fifty degrees outside and the crisp cool wind is still gently tapping my cheeks and nose, reminding me that it is not quite time to spend the afternoons outside all day. But oh how I can already smell the sweet scent of the inaugural spring flower that pops up from beneath the soil. I can already hear the birds chirping telling me that they are home from their winter hideaway and ready to greet me each morning. It is so close, I can taste it. Addisyn and I are ready to say goodbye to the lazy days of winter.

And this has nothing do with the anticipation of spring, but I love my "mommy" moments. The precious moments when I look at Addisyn and realize that we are connected so deeply that even her simplest expression can make my heart soar. I soak these small moments in. I especially soaked them in this past week when I was able to bring her to the park for some much needed outdoor play time. She made my heart swell the minute I put her down and we walked hand-in-hand into the playground. She was gripping my hand tightly (which touches my heart unlike anything else), but smiling when she would occasionally trip over her feet because she was more focused on the other children than the balance needed to conquer the soft mulch overlay.




Addisyn has been craving the outdoors just as much as I have. And, even though we are not quite over the cold winter days, the extra hour of daylight has given us the headstart we need to venture outdoors for some fresh air. Come on flowers, birds, and warm weather. We are waiting for you!



With Love,


Stacy Hart

1 comment:

  1. That last picture!!! Oh my goodness! It makes my heart melt - and her little expression is so freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments...I love them :-)

Popular Posts