Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Success!

Success when it comes to Christmas is measured in the following three ways: smiles, laughter, and tears of happiness. By that definition, my first Christmas as a family of three was successful. And because the majority of my day today was filled with multiple trips down to the trash and recycling cans and creating a new "Things to do" list, I have posted some clips of my wonderful Christmas.

27-1

Despite my knowledge of Addisyn's lack of desire for bright colorful toys, they were purchased anyway. We still had fun watching her play in the boxes and wrapping paper.

27-3

Oh, Look! I think she is interested in the actual gift :-)

27-6

This is the only hat Addisyn didn’t try to take off her head. It was a gift from Nana's coworker.

27-4

27-5

My mom didn't raise me to make a mess like this...even on Christmas!

27-10

After all the unwrapping, Addisyn was ready for a nap. Whenever she gets tired she starts sucking her fingers and rubbing her ear like this.

27-7


Here she is on Christmas Eve soothing herself...

27-13

27-14

but she doesn't care whose ear she rubs...she just wants to rub an ear.

27-15

She doesn't even need a human

27-9

Our dog,Pisces doesn't mind.

27-8

One thing that makes me smile every time we come to Virginia is my mom's decorations. She has every corner covered perfectly.

27-11

27-12

Ooooohhh...and tradition...Every year, we have "Pinch-Me" Cake on Christmas morning. Yummy!

27-18

And aren't we all dreaming of a white Christmas?

27-20

27-16


Even little Addisyn loved to watch the snow.

27-19

27-21

and I loved it too...

27-17

See you in 2011!

Love,

Stacy

P.S. Be sure to tune in Thursday for Chapter six of our love story.

Sneak Peek

I was delighted when Sheri, (a friend from  high school) asked me several months ago to take two year pics of her little Audrey Cate. Thanks to facebook, I had been following the growth of Audrey Cate ever since her birth and enjoyed hearing about the joys of motherhood from Sheri's mommy blog.  More than that, Sheri was my "go-to" person the minute I found out I was having little miss Addisyn. We had several instant messenger chats about pregnancy and words of encouragement while I waited for my little girl to arrive. Sheri is by far, one of the most kind hearted people I have ever met. Although we had kept in touch over the past few years via facebook, this photo shoot would be my first opportunity to meet Audrey and her dad, Chris, face to face. I was excited because I knew this family was splitting at the seams with love...and I got to soak it all in on Audrey's two year birthday. Thank you to Sheri, Chris, and little Audrey Cate!

Please enjoy some sneak peeks!

2-web

1-web

10-web

4-web

6-web

9-web

7-web

3-web

8-web

5-web

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first Christmas as a family of three! Such amazing shots to remember this very special holiday....I love the one of you two in the snow, it is so beautiful!

    Thank you so much for doing Audrey's 2 year photos...they are so wonderful! I am absolutely delighted with how they came out. You are so amazingly talented and it was so fun to "work" with you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always...AMAZING photos!!! You are so talented, Stacy! You should be so proud!! One thing I really loved about a few of these were those of Addisyn rubbing her ear...Soren used to do the SAME thing whenever he got tired...just like here, it didn't matter whose ear, as long as there was one close!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Shannon- that is awesome about Soren. It is the little things that our kids do that make our hearts smile. Now I put my ear up to her hand because I love when she rubs it.

    @ Sheri- you and your family are beautiful. I hope to see you more often in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments...I love them :-)

Popular Posts