Monday, August 2, 2010

K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple Stacy)

Imagine that. It took the most amazing, detailed, time-consuming, esteemed, critical, and sometimes complicated job of motherhood to make me realize that at the end of the day, happiness means keeping life simple.

(Mind you, this post is coming from a former career driven female that enjoyed the world of business suits, nice paychecks, and moving up the corporate ladder.)

It was all planned for me, but not the way I envisioned it. I knew I would love my daughter, but I would love her all the while enjoying the financial comforts of being a working mom. I was looking forward to the perks of my fast paced career progression and boy was I loving the fact that we were about to put an offer on a beautiful beach style home that had every last item on my dream house checklist. It was complete with a white picket fence edging the perfectly manicured lawn. My plan was set. And then...God threw in the towel for me on that life. He knew what my heart needed more than I knew what it needed. He had a plan for my life and I am beginning to realize with each passing day His plan for me is to simplify my life down to this one thing: LOVE.

Okay, so to be honest there is this amazing pair of boots I want for $135.00 and I would love to be living in a perfect newly built ranch home instead of a three story townhouse. Not to mention there are those flashing moments when I yearn for someone to randomly present me with $1,000.00 in cash and tell me to go spend it on myself. In my dreams, I know....BUT my point is that I do have the days that everyone else has. The days when the material wants and desires get the better part of me. They clutter and complicate my life only for a brief moment and then I rebound back to what my focus and attention is supposed to be on: the giggles coming from the living room floor where Steve and Addisyn play on the ground mimicking the sounds that the other has heard. You see, it is not the newest toy, the biggest TV, the coolest outfit, or the best video game that is going to make Addisyn's life fulfilled. It is simply the love that surrounds her.

Blog 5-1-4

Blog 5-1-3

Blog 5-1-1

Blog 5-3

Blog 5-4

Blog 5-1

Untitled-1





Livin the simple life,
Stacy Hart

** Thank you to Alicia for providing the beautiful flower head band

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments...I love them :-)

Popular Posts