Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Rocks

My day rocked.

I have a confession to make. This was the first V-day that Steve and I have celebrated. Why do I feel guilty about saying that? I think I even shocked myself by writing those words, but it is true.

A few years back, I told him that I am incredibly in love with him ALL THE TIME that I don't think we need to spend the money on another holiday (our birthdays are three weeks away). I also told him that I buy Russel Stover box candy like every other week while grocery shopping so receiving candy from him would be the same as buying me a pound of chicken: useful, but not romantic.  Well, four Valentine's Days have gone by and we haven't participated in all the hype...until today.

Umm...hello... This is what I was missing? Earth to Stacy--- this holiday rocks! (Not that I ever doubted that a holiday entirely about love wouldn't rock.)

Here is my day and why it, well...rocked :-)
Steve wakes up at 6:00 am to find a bunch of sticky notes with all the reasons why I love him stuck to the bathroom mirror in the form of a heart and he loves them. This makes me happy.

I wake up at 7:00am, grab Addisyn and Sir Oinks-A-Lot, and watch Finding Nemo with her in bed until 8:30

Steve finds a love letter in his wallet and lets me knows he loves it...I smile to myself knowing the importance of making him feel special.

Addisyn and I have a mini morning photo shoot

2-14-2011-4

2-14-2011-3

2-14-2011-5

2-14-2011-6

2-14-2011-7

2-14-2011-9 c

After her nap we have lunch, make dad a card from Addisyn, go on a run, and even play outside...

2-14-2011-8

2-14-2011-10

Leaving touches of important messages anywhere Dad will see...

2-14-2011-1

Then we get dressed and get ready to go shopping. We have a delicious meal to prepare for Steve.

2-14-2011-2

And then dad comes home and we eat. And. It. Is. Good!

2-14-2011-11

2-14-2011-12

2-14-2011-13

and then we exchange gifts...


2-14-2011-14


And Life is good because put simply, Love Rocks!


2-14-2011-15

6 comments:

  1. See?!?! What'd I tell you??? Now you know what you've been missing the past four years! Wait'll Addy's older and SHE gets into it! It's all over but the crying (tears of joy, of course!). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I see that you girls broke into the sidewalk chalk... very fun!! (For the record, Addy's diaper is still WAY too big for her, but her dress up outfit is stinkin' ADORABLE!!!) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I knew you were going to point out the diaper action. It is way to big. Maybe after 13 months I will need a tutorial on how to put on a size 3 diaper. Her Nana got her a whole box of outfits for Valentine's Day...the photo shoot was for Nana :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I have been dying to use the sidewalk chalk since we opened it. Thank you :-) Too bad she would rather eat it right now :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was Demetri too with the chalk. But don't worry, she'll be much better about the chalk by the summer. ;) Demetri is really into coloring and drawing now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING PICTURES! The one with Addy in front of the door with the pink chalk around her is so beautiful. I LOVE these pics!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments...I love them :-)

Popular Posts