Monday, May 16, 2011

Behind Every Great Man...

There is something to be said about the feeling I get when I walk through the front door after being separated from my husband for a weekend. It is a mending, so to speak, of a piece of me that was missing while I was away. Maybe it is the kisses he gives me when he sees me for the first time. It’s not a quick peck on the cheek, but a lingering, long, soft kiss followed by a great big hug and another kiss on the forehead to top it off. Yep, my heart restoration ensues after this welcoming. It could also be the giant smile and the contagious glow that is impossible to deny whenever he sees his daughter screaming with delight and reaching out for him.  Or maybe it is all the funny stories and the simple conversations that have been missed while we were apart. Whatever it is, it feels right…like needing my fingers to type this post, kind-of-right. He is a necessary part of me. 

*our attempt at a self portrait while holding the camera. You know you love it!


Addisyn  and I went to my hometown in Virginia for the weekend to celebrate my older sister, Kimberly's , Bridal Shower. Kelly Jo (my little sister)  and I, along with the rest of the bride's crew had been organizing and planning this  for months and we wanted to make sure everything would be perfect for this day. My sister has dreamed of her wedding day and everything it entails  for years, so this had to be special. As the guests were beginning to arrive at the house, I snuck upstairs to check on my sister who was almost finished curling the ends of her long brown hair. Her eyes begin to fill with tears and she worked to gain her composure before she came downstairs to greet the thirty or so guests gathered in her honor.  Her time had arrived.

We passed out cards to all the guests and asked them to finish the phrase on their card. For example, one said “Behind every great man” and we had to complete it with an original saying instead of, “…there stands a great woman.” My mind was blank. I write a blog every week, but couldn’t come up with one original piece of advice to tell my sister about this great journey she is about to start. And so, Kimberly, I dedicate this blog post to you. My advice to you is this: Behind every great man… is a woman who will walk through the front door and be reconnected by the sweet kisses of her man, inspired by the love for his family, and restored emotionally and spiritually by the simple fact that you are together, you are family, and you are one.



*the sistas -

... and a Monday night blog post wouldn't be complete without some pictures of Addisyn ;-)






2 comments:

  1. I love it! I love you and Kelly Jo and I love my Fogster! You girls are simply amazing, a breath of fresh air when needed and more importantly..... "awe sum".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, eloquent and inspiring as always, Stacy!!! I know EXACTLY what you mean...I'm so very much looking forward to seeing my hubby tomorrow night after 10 long days! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments...I love them :-)

Popular Posts