Monday, May 23, 2011

Better Together

Like peas and carrots…

Like peanut butter and jelly…

Like wine and buffalo pretzels (am I the only one that loves this combination?)…

Like Edward and Bella…
Like Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers…ummm…I mean, like Michael Jordon and Scotty Pippen…

It’s true. Steve and I go together like Coca-Cola classic and boardwalk fries smothered in salt and vinegar and eaten on the beach.

After dinner, he looks over at me across the table and asks, “Do you have the kitchen or will you be giving Addy girl a bath?”
We are a team. We tag team the chores like no other. Even when he leaves the toilet seat up, it doesn’t bother me a bit because I most likely brushed my teeth with his toothbrush in a sleepy haze on my way to bed.

We’re not perfect. There are fights from time to time, but only when we lose sight of the fact that we are better together. After all, I wouldn’t be complete if every time I was in the kitchen shaking my groove thang and joking, “ Where be ye treasure” in my English Pirate accent, if I didn’t have someone swinging their hips in front of me coming back with, “Yar!, if you mean me booty, it be over the poop deck!”
And what does all of this have to do with Addisyn? (Other than the fact that she may or may not be embarrassed by her parents later on in her life)

Everything.


For this little girl...

is already reaping the benefits of seeing a relationship full of respect, laughter, teamwork, and most of all...LOVE.







4 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful, and so very lucky! Steve and I have always said we want to make sure our boys see how much love we have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your love for each other is the greatest gift you will ever give her. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pics of my girl...and great sentiment Lynn Bird :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pictures and great blog, as always :-) So so true!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments...I love them :-)

Popular Posts