Monday, January 9, 2012

Mom to Mom - Blog post dtd 1/9/2012

Mom to mom, you know I am having a good day when it starts off in a coffee shop.  It still comes as a shock to me sometimes that this is my real life. I am snug in a corner with which I have unofficially deemed, “mine” with my laptop, my cup of mint mocha, and listening to an assortment of righteously relaxing music pumping through the coffee shop speakers.  I use words like “righteously” because they are perfectly appropriate for any situation that involves typing away on my laptop while sipping on a warm, fresh cup of coffee and listening to Jack Johnson, Adelle, and Jason Mraz. I also have no idea where this post is going or what I am going to write about so my Word document is cleverly entitled, “Blog post dtd 1/9/2012” and I find much contentment in that. I can simply write, breathe, and enjoy the moment that I’m in.

So consider yourself warned. If you continue to read this post, it is going to be full of positivity…get ready for my random-grab-bag-of-happiness-post.

Where to begin…

Oh, yes! My daughter is TWO! Can you believe it? A whole two years and some-odd days ago my world was changed. Before I had Addisyn, I can remember watching other moms with their children and being exhausted with the thought of the constant love, care, and attention that one child would need. I also remember being pregnant and people telling me “You are  going to be tired all the time, but it is so worth it”- an accurate, but entirely too generic description of how I really feel about being Addisyn’s mom. The truth is I don’t know if I would be able to precisely define my life now that I have Addisyn in it. It is so much more than being the comforter and constant provider of love and support for her. It is so much more than cherishing the kisses, the words, and the moments I have with her. It is so much bigger than all of this because I know that it is a role I have been given by God himself and I can’t fathom why He chose to bless me with this responsibility. I have had two amazing years knowing God has given me a great gift that I get to treasure every single day; a feeling that will likely not be the same, but even better on her third birthday, her fourth birthday, when she turns ten, and even the teenage years!
Of course, with the turning of two comes party planning…stay tuned, but here is a little clue as to what the hype is all about.

2012-01-09_024

It is January 9, 2012 and I have yet to make an official goals list. Although my calendar is beginning to look like a war zone with things jotted in different spaces throughout the pages – scratched off, rewritten, starred, double starred, and triple underlined.  I need to make it formal and share it with someone who will hold me accountable.  The truth be told, I have never made an official and organized yearly goals list, but this year I am going to be cool like that. So here is the deal my friends, next week I am going to be talking about a very specific goals list called “My 101 in 1001” (101 goals in 1001 days).  If you are anything like me, you are running for the hills because it sounds pretty darn scary, right? It’s so definitive. Well, that is why I would love to do this together. I would like for you guys to create a goals list and share it with me and then update each other when we scratch those goals right off our list. I will have mine ready for you next week so you have a good idea of what the list means. Don’t worry, it will be fun ya’ll. Let’s Carpe Diem the heck out of those goals!
Now it’s time to go back to my happiness:  chasing around a two year old, picking up after her, and letting 1/9/2012 be a day without a title, but a day to be enjoyed.

2012-01-09_018

Addisyn spends most of her days taking care of her baby dolls.

2012-01-09_020

She reads to them...

2012-01-09_019

She feeds them and comforts them. She even multi-tasks (see her talking on the cell phone on the picture to the left)

2012-01-09_021

She snuggles with them...

2012-01-09_023

this time with the cell phone away from her ear :-) Love seeing these precious moments!

2012-01-09_022

With Love,

Stacy Hart

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of Addisyn taking care of her baby dolls - so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's adorable! You seem so content as a mom :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments...I love them :-)

Popular Posts