Monday, October 11, 2010

All things Autumn

I wake up, as I do every morning, with heavy eyelids.  My tired body stumbles to the bedside of my baby Addisyn as she stands up with a huge smile. She doesn’t care if my hair looks like a rat’s nest and stands about an inch higher than how I use to style it in the early 90’s. My body shivers because I just left the warmth of my Tempurpedic. Then, without question, the cozy bed I just left wins the battle over the first cup of coffee every time.   I pull my daughter in closely and crawl back into bed with a seventeen pound love bug attached to me. I lay there hoping to be able to go back to sleep, but a clapping, laughing, crawling, and hungry baby makes it a lost effort.  With a heavy sigh, I accept defeat and change my focus on a cup of coffee that is just minutes away from seeping into my veins and awakening me from my grogginess. This is my morning routine, but this Friday was different from the past nine months. I opened the windows while my coffee was brewing and a warm Autumn breeze softly blew in.  It was almost as if to be a gentle reminder that this was the first day to a fantastic weekend of Fall activities to be shared with my long time Virginia friends, Darcy and Kristen.

12-1

12-4

I celebrated Autumn like it was only in season for the weekend. Making sure that October didn’t slip by too quickly, I crammed as many Fall festivities as I could pack into a weekend and let them soak into my soul.  As a new mommy, I discovered a love for a new Fall item that made its spot to #1 right above my “Spiced Pumpkin” and “Autumn Wreath” Yankee Candles. I think I have a new obsession for baby tights.

12-6


Although the Smore’s and hot cocoa were a pleasant reminder of the cravings (or call it addiction) of my third trimester, there was nothing better than enjoying a delicious bowl of French onion soup and sharing a good bottle of wine and great conversation with friends.Thank you, Darcy and Kristen for making my first “real deal” Autumn weekend so memorable and lovin’ all over my baby girl.


12-7

12-3

12-5

12-2



12-10



12-9


Loving all things Autumn,


Stacy Hart


What is your favorite Autumn item?


Do you need a fast appetizer that is a huge hit with guests? I make this at least once a week. Try it out!


Sliced (slightly stale) French Baguette bread
Drizzled with Extra Virgin Gourmet Olive Oil
Sliced fresh mozzarella
Sliced fresh tomato
Sliced Proscuitto (you don't have to use Proscuitto)
A little more drizzle of oil..a pinch of salt, pepper, and basil.
Yummy!


Most of the photographs above are created by Storyboards. This is a new product I am offering for announcements and Christmas cards. If you are interested in Engagement pics, baby announcements or Christmas cards, please contact me at stacyhartphotography@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Love you! And love this post! Was such a great girls weekend and a great start to my Autumn as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Addisyn take that pic of you, Darcy, and Kristin? Cause if so, she is a talented little girl!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments...I love them :-)

Popular Posts