Monday, April 30, 2012

The Month of Goals

It’s May. Say whaaaattt?! I love the May weather and I must say I am a bit jealous of those who live in Southern California because I am pretty sure you get May weather all year around (minus the spring showers). Around here, the weather is warm enough to sport some drawstring linen pants, a tank, and flip flops during the day, but a trip to the beach after sunset might call for a sweatshirt so warm and cozy that, the second you put it on,  it makes you want to snuggle up with the ones you love.  I can almost smell the sun block mixed with salty ocean waters coming up from the shore and politely greeting the scent of yummy salt and vinegar covered fries drifting up the boardwalk as I write this. I know I have said this before, but it bears repeating…my heart is at the beach. I am so lucky to live within 45 minutes of the beach, but I wouldn’t complain if I somehow ended up living ON the beach. Maybe, just maybe, buying a beach home will make it to a future goal list. What say you Stephen Hart?

Speaking of goals…Man, I rock at these transition sentences. This May is going to be jammed packed with them. I imagine there will be a lot of trips to the market for some fresh produce and homemade ice cream. I hope to attend some barbeque gatherings complete with grilled corn on the cob and crabs piled high on picnic tables. Some beach trips will inevitably be speckled in between the comings and goings, but May is going to be packed full of business fun. I took a look at my 101 in 1001 goals list over the weekend and well…let’s just say, it’s ugly. I have only crossed six things off!!! Does the excessive use of exclamation marks express my horrified surprise? That is just not good enough for me right now. So here’s the deal. I am proclaiming May to be Goal Month. Boo-yah! Just like that :)

1.       Buy a Mark III camera for my business

2.       Stop comparing myself to other photographers. I am exactly where God wants me to be.

3.       Practice weekly on photography tips and maybe blog about them

4.       Be interviewed and featured on another photographer’s blog

5.       Create Fun bridal packets

I also would like to add two goals that didn’t make the 101 in 1001 list. I am hoping you can help me out.

-I have my 2nd year anniversary for the business in July. It would be pretty darn amazing to make 1000 “likes” on my Facebook fan page by then. If I do, I am going to have a giveaway with a pretty cool gift certificate that I know you all will love.  It would be AWESOME if you could help me out and suggest my fan page to some of your friends!

-I love my blog, but it takes up a good amount of time throughout the week which is why I would love to be able to accept a few sponsors to help me out. I’m hoping to have one or two sponsors by the end of the month.

What five goals do you have for May?



    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments...I love them :-)

Popular Posts