Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow day please!

As far as I am concerned, winter is the season of guilt free laziness. Where unexpected snow days can cancel wonderful photo sessions, but still don’t disappoint. It just means long mornings sluggishly stretch into afternoons and then, without notice, the sun rolls up the pink and golden blanket as it retires for the day and casually waves to the moon to take over. There is something soul fulfilling about being “trapped” indoors and finding no shame walking past piles of clothes on the floor or canceling outdoor errands that would have inevitably left you begging for a fireplace and a hot cup of cocoa. Yep, rather than cleaning the dishes in the sink this past Saturday afternoon, I found my cozy spot in the corner of the room, nestled in a familiar armchair and accompanied myself with a blanket, slippers, glass of wine and a good book.

And right now, I kinda like the sound of sports announcers in the background as I curl up under a blanket on the couch and pause in the middle of typing this blog post to watch Steve and Addisyn destroy Mega Block planes and call on me to join them for random dance party sessions and human sandwiches. It has been one of those weekends where comfort and coziness wins over productivity and I am actually okay with that. And although not a thing was checked off the “things to do” list, my motivational spirit was revived because of it. Yep, winter is my recovery season and I love me a good snow day because it gives me a reason to hibernate from my list without guilt.

At first this little girl loved to look out the window to watch as the snow softly covered the ground...

29-7

She was happy to see snow again and so we had big plans to fill up her belly, dress her in her new snow gear and get outside...

I can't resist taking pictures of those baby blues...

29-6

29-5


but each time we thought she was ready to go outside, we would look and see this...

29-11

29-3

29-2

29-8

and we knew we were all done for. Nap time was seconds away...and that is exactly what happened.


29-9

When everyone was awake again, it would be too late for the snow.

Our evenings were filled with "Where's Addisyn?... There she is!", dance parties, and running away from a horse that looked a lot like Steve.

29-1


29-12


We attempted the snow day the following day, but the snow was almost gone. Addisyn wasn't a big fan of standing on her own in the snow and I was perfectly fine opting for some indoor snuggling action.
29-10

Hoping for another snow day soon!
Stacy Hart

2 comments:

  1. Love this one Stacy! I always felt the same way when my kids were little. Snow days are days when all the routines get disregarded and we focussed on each other and creature comforts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Linda! I absolutely agree with you. It is the little things in life that fulfill us.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments...I love them :-)

Popular Posts